It’s good to have you here! Before you jump into discussion. I'm setting up some rules and expectations for your benefit and the whole of the community.
With so many diverse members, I want to make it very clear the type of space we are creating, in addition to setting up expectations. Please understand that I take this very seriously and will remove anyone who does not meet these expectations. I’m working to make this a safe space and will see to it that it is.
1. DO NOT post any original work on this platform. If you are looking for feedback, please reach out to someone individually. This is not a journal/magazine, so we will not be publishing your work. Protect your intellectual property and do not post your work.
2. Remember to practice kindness and discretion when participating in the discussion forums.
3. Respect all pronouns. This is not a suggestion. It’s a rule.
4. Do not discriminate based on gender, sex, sexual orientation, disabilities, etc. (Do not bring any of the -phobias/ -isms to this space).
5. Remember that despite where you are in this journey as a writer, you know more than you think you do and there’s always room to know more.
Feel free to share, discuss, or simply vent! Happy reading and writing!
-Christiana McClain @TeenageAwkward_